25Things Women Wish Men Knew:The Secret Of What Women Want Reveals
Boyfriends make the best of friends and amazing lovers, but it goes without saying that sometimes (okay, a LOT of the time) we think men could do more.
Familiar phrases spring to mind; ‘He never makes enough effort’, ‘he’s always with his friends’ and ‘he never notices me,’ but as they say, boys will be boys. So we decided to take a different approach in getting him to understand by creating the ultimate women’s wish list (that we hope will make things easier for man and womankind).
And while this is no lesson on how to treat a lady it’s a pretty accurate guide into what us girls are really thinking. Boys, once you’ve read this, you will have THE KNOWLEDGE. Use it wisely.
1. Small things count. Some guys think all they have to do is surprise us once and they’re set for life, but trust us, we’re keeping note. Why not pick-up our favorite feel-good treat while you’re on your way home this evening (clue, it’s either wine, chocolate or cheese) or buy us that new book we’ve been talking about non-stop. Trust us, our appreciation will show.
2. The E-word. Effort (a word no man is unfamiliar with) is always the hitch. Take out the trash, call us to see how our day was or do something really special for our anniversary. We’re worth your time.
3. Confidence is hot, arrogance is NOT. Every girl loves a man who’s comfortable in his own skin. It makes us feel safe and protected and nothing feels sexier than that. But arrogance? We. Can’t. Stand. It.
4. Chivalry is not dead. Be old fashioned from time to time – we freaking love it. Pay on the first date, hold the door for us and walk us to the front door. Promise, we won’t call you stage-five clinger.
5. Don’t be a man-baby. We’re nurturing, yes. Women love taking care of their men and helping them out, but as soon as we feel like we’re in mommy mode we want out. Most guys are kids at heart, but if we’re doing more than a bit of coddling (i.e. cutting your food into little pieces) then there’s definitely a BIG problem.
6. Listen and take interest. After a hectic day all we want our man to do is listen. Women like to talk and pour their feelings out – it’s a well known fact. We confide in you, because we trust you to make us feel better. So please just mute the TV, put down your beer and just listen dammit!
7. Be honest. It’s true when they say honesty is the best policy. Telling a fib might seem like a great idea now, but women always find out and when we do it ain’t pretty. Most importantly, don’t cheat and lie about it. That’s just cowardly.
8. Make us a priority. Women need to feel like they’re more important than an Xbox. Of course men need to spend time with their friends and have some down time, but 3rd place isn’t cool. If your girl doesn’t feel like she’s a priority then you’re doing something very wrong buddy.
9. Notice the small things. Everyone wants to be noticed by their partner. New hairstyle? New clothes? New dress size? New bra? Say something to acknowledge our effort, besides we (partially) did it for you!
10. Take it slow (in bed). It can’t get any worse than a man finishing before we’ve even started. Women take longer to reach orgasm and foreplay is key – take your time and don’t rush. Thank you.
11. Turning down sex is NOT a big deal. More often than not, if we turn down sex, it probably has nothing to do with you. We all have our down days – exhaustion, stress, worry? They’re all major mood killers. It happens – don’t take it personally.
12. Help us. There’s nothing more irritating than a lazy man. Try helping us out with household chores, the school run and daily errands. It’s just as much your responsibility as it is ours.
13. Sometimes we need ‘me time’. Most of the time you can’t get us to shut-up, but sometimes we need a little ‘me time’. If your woman seems relaxed and says nothing’s wrong, there probably isn’t. Chill out dude.
14. Learn to say sorry. Stop being so stubborn! If it’s your fault and you’re clearly in the wrong you owe it to us. Go on, say the magic word. Sorry can go a long way in relationships…
15. Sometimes we really do feel like sh*t. Men think women are attention seekers most of the time, but sometimes we actually do feel like crap. Don’t forget those painful cramps, headaches and PMS. Periods are hell to deal with – give us a break.
16. Toilet humor. While poo talk is comical at times sending us a Snapchat of what you ate for dinner yesterday is not our idea of a hot date. Enough said.
17. Take care of your hygiene. Brushed your teeth? Showered? Deodorized? You’re a grown ass man, just do it already.
18. Know yourself. We need to be on the same page. If a man knows what he wants and is self-assured they’re a lot less likely to seek fulfilment in pointless things like getting wasted with mates and talking to 10 other chicks, (for which there’s zero tolerance for by the way).
19. Do not forget our anniversary or birthday. There’s 365 days in a year and you only have to remember 2 of them, that’s why we get pissed off. Set a reminder on your phone, write it in your planner or tell your mom if you have to (just don’t tell us you did), but whatever you do, do NOT forget.
20. Respect us. Some men don’t value their partners as much as they should. Love her like it’s your last day, appreciate her for all that she is and be grateful for everything she does. Think about it.
21. Pinterest is your answer to everything. Pinterest is your saving grace. It’s a collage of all the pretty things we wish we could have and it’s your job to make our dreams come true. Use it to your advantage!
22. We’re suckers for romance. Never ask a girl if she wants flowers, or anything in fact. The answer is simply YES. Of course we do! Especially, if it’s to do with rose petals, candles, dinner and wine.
23. Cook us dinner. There’s nothing sexier than a man who knows his way around the kitchen.
24. Things from the heart count. If you’ve ever thought of making a super sweet gift like a homemade card, scrapbook or a mixed CD and thought, ‘too cheesy’, you’re wrong! It’s a great way of speaking from the heart especially since guys aren’t always so good at it (verbally). We’re guaranteed to love it.
25. You can’t live without us. Men often take women for granted, but in reality you’re nothing without us! Who else would take care of you? Play dress up? Make you a better man? Just admit it.