Chelsea coach Antonio Conte has commended the effort of Victor Moses and his impressive performance in the team so far this season. The 25-year-old had spent the last three seasons on loan at Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham. The 2013 African Cup of Nations champion was on the verge of a fourth spell away from the club when the Italian manager stopped the move. The Nigeria international is serving as a wing-back this season at Chelsea and Conte is pleased to see him excel in his new role. The former Crystal Palace and Wigan Athletic star has netted 3 times in nine matches so far. Conte told the UK Guardian, “Victor Moses is playing very well. “At the start of the season I said to the club that I had to have a look at him, because I wanted to assess him with my own eyes. And he’s a very good guy. “I’m pleased to have him in our squad. He’s a fantastic player and a fantastic man as well, and this is important for me.” The winger is expected to make his third start in the English Premier League against Manchester United on Sunday at Stamford Bridge.