Some challenges you will face dating a tall man
Dating a tall guy definitely has its perks—you can wear the highest heels you can find, and nothing is out of reach when he’s nearby. But dating a dude with inches to spare has its drawbacks, too. In love with a man who’s the opposite of vertically challenged? You know what we’re talking about…
1. Standing kisses require serious skills. He’s hunched over like Quasimodo; you’re doing your best prima ballerina tip-toe attempt…it ain’t pretty.
2. He doesn’t fit in your car. Trying to squeeze his 6-foot-something man-frame into anything less than an SUV brings two words to mind: Clown car.
3. You kind of feel like a little kid sometimes. Having someone to reach the high-up spots comes in handy. Having to ask for help every time you need to reach the chocolate stash can give you serious childhood flashbacks. (And that’s right: need.)
4. Going for a “walk” is anything but. Ever seen a Chihuahua attempt to keep up with a mastiff? Yeah…
5. You don’t line up in bed. It’s a wee bit challenging to have a romantic moment when your face is forced to make out with his pecs. Upside: New move in bed!
6. Slow dancing…err, no. His forearms kind of dangle over your shoulders and your arms wrap around his waist like a two-year-old—because that’s not weird.
7. You have to get creative with photos. The sitting-in-his-lap pose? You nail it every time. The facing each other prom pose? So not going to happen.
8. You can forget borrowing his clothes. You’ll be all over the boyfriend jeans trend when the masses embrace inseams that droop to your knees. Until then, you’ll just buy a damn pair.
9. Shopping for him is a b*%&#. After a trip to the mall with him, you will never, ever complain again about not being able to find pants that fit right.
10. Talking in loud bars is awkward. Your voice is shot at the end of the night after all that yelling, trying to get your random (yet brilliant!) musings up to the summit of Mount Boyfriend.
11. It’s like hugging your dad. That bend-and-kneel combo he has to do to embrace you in a spot that won’t choke you just feels wrong.
12. You have negative legroom. Airplanes, buses, restaurants…boyfriend’s super-sized legs are going to take up whatever space you have to spare. Of course you won’t protest. You’re generous like that.